Re: Publishing mboxes of mailing list archives (Was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox)

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 07:58:35 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:28:55PM +0000, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>> > This does not apply to our topic as well.  These lists are not
>> > (publicly) archived (or am I missing something?)
>>
>> BTW, both gmane and the mail archive seem to be archiving the bugs
>> lists.
>
> I have no idea why people are really trying to spoil this thread to
> things we can not do anything about it.  These third party sites are
> archiving *all* our lists.  I would like to discuss about the things we
> can do something about, right?

I think wasting time hiding public information is... wasting time.

> If you consequently think about your remark please explain why we should
> strip information (author names and e-mails) as listmaster was thinking
> about?

I don't see any reason.

> And why should we not provide mboxes on our side if others are
> simply doing this anyway?

I can't answer that. I was simply pointing out that the information is
already out there, so hiding it doesn't really accomplish much.

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler