Publishing mboxes of mailing list archives (Was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox)

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 12:20:03PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> And you are of course sure that everybody using reportbug knows there address
> will be published? We have several complaints a month about the problem.

Please stick to the topic.  In this thread it is about mailing lists.
However, I'm not against discussing the debbugs issue in another thread
because it is for sure relevant.

> > (Doing some collection and giving stats by sender or stuff like that
> > might be processing of that information needing some permission, but
> > those data is not processed if it is simply part of the published mail).
> We were talking about data mining on the mails which is imho questionable if
> the stats will be published full name and address.

While I admit that my primary goal was actually doing such statistics
and it might also an interesting topic what result we finally can
publish this is also a different topic.  So I tried to clasrify the
topic in the subject a bit.

The thread is about publishing mboxes of the mailing lists at
lists.debian.org which are containing the information which is also
available via the HTML archive.  It was also about the listmaster
attempt to strip some information from the archive.  Some reasoning
about stripping names was given by you, but

--
http://fam-tille.de