Re: A few observations about systemd

Hi,

Le 03/08/11 17:23, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 03:17:51PM +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
>>> Maybe everyone would be happy if there were a central place to set
>>> the administrator's preferred policy.
>> Making the "do not start by default" policy default for the distro should
>> improve out-of-box security.
>
> Our policy has always been 'do not install by default', which obviously
> implies 'do not start by default'.

I don't agree. When I install Debian on a laptop or workstation, I only
want what I need, and most of the time I don't want a SSH or FTP server.
But the day I need it, I install it and I want to use it right away to
connect to my personal account. I don't want to spend minutes or worse
understanding how to start it reliably and safely.

Regards, Thibaut.