Re: Call for teams interested in collaborating on a 'standard' Git workflow

On Saturday 30 Jul 2011, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 30.07.2011, 16:26 +0100 schrieb David Goodenough:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > So a BOF happened at Debconf 11, and I've put the raw notes online at
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/GitPackagingWorkflow/DebConf11BOF
> > >
> > > My understanding of the situation is that we are ready to document a
> > > workflow including:
> > > - using git-buildpackage for basic stuff
> > > - managing several repositories with mr
> > > - managing and tracking the status of the repositories (e.g with PET)
> > > - managing patches with quilt (the "nothing fancy" approach)
> > >
> > >   + additionally, using a patch-queue system (but which one?) to
> > >
> > >     manage patches locally
> > >
> > > - managing debian/changelog with git-dch
> > >
> > > Some people expressed interest in starting a proper documentation on
> > > that on the Debian wiki. I suggest to use the
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/GitPackagingWorkflow (or maybe to extend the
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit page).
> > >
> > > We probably need more discussion:
> > > - on patch queue managers
> > > - on the "one-branch-per-patch" approaches
> >
> > Eclipse recently moved to one-branch-per-patch, or at least one branch
> > per issue being fixed.  This seems to be the fashion.
>
> Did we?
If I remember correctly part of the Indego annoucement was for the Mylyn
Git support was to move to one branch per issue.  When you open an issue to
work on it, it creates a branch, and then merges it back in when you close
the ticket.

David