Re: Rolling release prototype

Le dimanche 05 juin 2011 à 10:31 +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> Where are the sources ? :)

I’m somehow ashamed to share such crappy code, but it’s on
ries:/home/joss/rolling/make_rolling.py

> > The APT lines you need are the following:
> >   deb http://your.favorite.mirror/ testing main contrib non-free
> >   deb http://rolling.debian.net/ rolling main contrib non-free
> > You will also need the temporary archive key[2].
>
> I would like to see rolling a full suite and not an overlay of testing.
>
> For the experiment it's fine (in particular to not overload your server),
> but we should be able to switch to a full suite when integrated on
> ftp-master.debian.org.

Yes, once we use the same dak instance as testing and unstable, it
should be trivial. This is why I haven’t bothered with the cleanness of
the archive generation code.

> http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi?release=wheezy_not_sid&merged=ign&done=only&fnewerval=7&rc=1&sortby=popcon&sorto=desc
>
> Some interesting candidates could be:
> - fuse: security issues fixed in unstable
> - digikam: fix a crasher (might be blocked by dependencies)
> - libvirt: security issues fixed in unstable

I’m not sure the digikam bug really affects testing. And even if it did,
this would mandate a t-p-u upload instead.

Still, I’ve added it as a proof of concept, since it shows the limits of
the fully manual implementation.

So on one hand we need some kind of automation, on the other one I don’t
think bringing automatically the dependencies for a given package is a
good idea. What we need is a tool to explain which dependencies are
needed to bring in a given package, but still requiring to add them
manually in the override file. I guess APT might be the correct tool to
do that.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :