Rolling release prototype

Hi,

I have prepared a quick and dirty implementation for my rolling release
proposal[1]. I don’t think there is any need to make it cleaner; once we
have convinced the FTP masters to include it in dak, the implementation
will be trivial anyway (dak only needs a packages/archs/versions list).

The APT lines you need are the following:
  deb http://your.favorite.mirror/ testing main contrib non-free
  deb http://rolling.debian.net/ rolling main contrib non-free
You will also need the temporary archive key[2].

The suite has been codenamed bob[3]. Thanks Martin Bagge for the idea.

Don’t rush! Currently the rolling archive is empty. The first task is to
fill it. Therefore I’m now looking for people who are running testing on
their machines. The idea is to find which major bugs and usability
issues happen in testing, and to prove that the rolling concept
effectively makes the machines usable without a need for manual
intervention. Another good start is probably the list of RC bugs that
are fixed in unstable but not in testing.

We’ll probably also need a mailing list. I’d like to have
debian-rolling@l.d.o, but I don’t know whether listmasters will accept
it until this is an official project.

Once we have a regular flow of updates, I’ll be looking for better
hosting for a large-scale experiment, which should hopefully be the last
step before inclusion in the official archive.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/1304511852.9090.85.camel@pi0307572
[2] http://rolling.debian.net/debian-rolling.key
[3] http://pixar.wikia.com/Roller_Bob

--