On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 02:04:20PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> It wasn't the GR itself. It was the fact that these changes to the NM
> process were actually made. I suppose it is arguable that those changes
> simply would not have happened without the GR, but that indicates more
> of a lack of direct motivation within the new maintainer team.
>
> So, if it required the GR to motivate them, then I suppose it was a
> necessity and ultimately a good thing, but my point is simply that its
> better when motivation comes from within; rather than an applied
> external force.

I do not see how talking about the NM process or that GR is at all
relevant in this thread, and please do not consider this message of mine
an intent to contribute to it in any other way but to clarify a
misrepresentation of a team I'm a member of.

From the point of view of Front Desk, motivation has always been there:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00005.html
but a GR was needed to be able to proceed, because the hands of FD were
rather tied by this other GR: http://www.debian.org/vote/2008/vote_002

Please do not try to provide facts about the motivation or intentions of
others unless you really know them, otherwise you run into the risk of
misrepresenting other people, which is bad.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>