On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 06:50:04PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Look at the "welcoming new contributors" GR; what did that actually
> accomplish?  There isn't anything new to show for it, there are no new
> means to bring contributors in, and the number of new people hasn't
> really changed.

I doubt you'll find this surprising, but I beg to disagree. As little as
that number can be, there are nowadays 3 people in the contributors
keyring, 1 in the NM queue, and 1 which is about to apply (asked me to
advocate him a few days ago). Considering that the infrastructure and
procedures took a few months to stabilize after the GR outcome, I
consider that to be a pretty good result for about 6 months since
everything was up and running (and 5 it's a non negligible share of the
amount of new DDs we get per year).

I have no idea whether those people would have diminished their
involvement in or not considered contributing to Debian, if the GR
weren't there. But as a matter of fact, chances are that those people
wouldn't have been able to be Debian Developers today if it weren't for
the GR.

Cheers.