Re: 38

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 09:58:22AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:

> While many of these are false alarms (numbers, fixed names, ...), the
> problem is real.  Sometimes you even have a proper and improper usage on the
> same or on subsequent lines:

> (/etc/mc/mc.menu)
>           case "$i" in
>             *.tar.gz)  D="`basename $i .tar.gz`";;

No, this is improper usage on both lines:  you don't need to quote variables
as an argument to case. ;)

> I just don't get why posion singles out $i among all other possible variable
> names.  Or /etc/ when that's not the main place where you find scripts in.

Given that he hasn't bothered to present a single definitively broken script
in /etc but instead seems to think that his prowess with grep entitles him
to leave this most basic proof as an exercise for the reader, I'm pretty
sure the answers to these other questions aren't interesting.