Re: More advanced home directory creation in Debian?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:36:58 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen
<pere@hungry.com> wrote:
>[Ian Jackson]
>> So while it doesn't use run-parts, it's halfway there already.  I
>> use adduser.local on chiark.
>
>Definitely useful, but not enought, as the debian-edu-config package
>would break policy if it included a file in /usr/local/, and only one
>package can provide this script at the time while I expect to include
>several scripts to adjust parts of the created home directory, so we
>could not provide a package for the universtity setup while also
>having debian-edu-config intstalled.  For this, I believe a .d
>directory with scripts executed by run-parts is needed.

I guess that the adduser maintainers might apply a patch to adduser
introducing a second hook which is not in /usr/local, and then one of
your packages could ship such a hook which run-parts your own .d
directory.

Greetings
Marc