Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:40:14PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > I'm fine with it being the default, it just needs to be something that
> > a submitter can choose not to receive.

> > If the consensus is that we should implement Cc:'ing the submitter
> > quickly, and that it's ok to implement the opt-out at some future
> > time, that's trivial for me to do, but I've been loth to change the
> > historical functionality of the BTS like this without clear consensus.

> Given the high rate of people (at least in those that replied here) in
> favor of adding submitter in the loop of nnnn@b.d.o, I think your plan
> is very good:

> - include the submitter in nnnn@b.d.o by default now;
> - implement the opt-out somewhere in the future; that could also be
> 'never', if the fall back of the change generates no concerns from
> users.

I agree with those who've said that a given mail address either should, or
should not, forward to the submitter.  I also think it's important to fix
it so nnn@bugs.debian.org is an address that *does* cc: the submitter, and
for messages not to the submitter we should use -maintonly or something like
it.

How much support must be shown for such an implementation to see it done?