Re: Faster boot by running init.d scripts in parallel

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> But combined with "readahead", there is no I/O bound during init.
> Most of needed files are preload.

Any initscripts that deal with devices will still be I/O bound.  And the
current scheduler doesn't help (see current threads in LKML).  You should
start no less than two processes per CPU, probably more, if you want the
minimum boot time.

  Henrique Holschuh