Re: Faster boot by running init.d scripts in parallel

[Wouter Verhelst]
> That seems suboptimal.

Could be.  See the startpar program to see how the scripts are run in
parallel.  Note that the boot is mostly CPU bound when readahead is
used, which you should use if you care about boot speed. :)

> If it actually is configurable, but you just didn't tell us so, then
> please feel free to disregard this mail ;-)

The startpar program can take arguments to adjust this, but we do not
provide support for this in sysv-rc.  Not sure if we want to do so or
not.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen