Re: State of developers-reference

On 09/09/09 at 21:43 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > On Mittwoch, 9. September 2009, Jon Dowland wrote:
> >> If this was a popular choice (which it doesn't appear to
> >> be); it would be blocked on sorting out the wiki.d.o
> >> content licensing.
> >
> > No. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny has a very fine and
> > sosorted licence situation. All GPL-2+ :)
>
> Recent info about the wiki license situation and plans:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2009/06/msg00083.html

Choosing CC BY-SA would nicely conflict with our existing documentation,
like the Debian new maintainer guide (GPL2+) or developers-reference
(GPL2+). Wouldn't it be possible to use CC BY-SA with an additional
clause allowing to switch to GPL2+?

The french CeCILL license has such a clause (see 5.3.4 in
http://www.cecill.info/licences/Licence_CeCILL_V2-en.txt).