Re: The future of the boot system in Debian

Great news. I really look forward to converting my init scripts to
native upstart jobs, but I believe that some clarifications are needed
about the long-term impact of switching to upstart.

Can you clarify what normal packages will have to do to support the
non-Linux ports which are unable to run upstart?
Do the maintainers of these ports plan to port upstart?
Will packages have to ship both an upstart job and a legacy init script?

When should maintainers start adding upstart jobs to their packages?

--
ciao,
Marco