Re: The future of the boot system in Debian

[mlists@stacktrace.us]
> Could someone please point me to a discussion on the pros and cons
> of upstart that was not funded by that spacecowboy shuttleworth?

No idea who funded the work, but some Fedora notes can be found via
<URL:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FCNewInit>.  Fedora have already
switched to upstart.

Switching /sbin/init to upstart in Debian today is a seamless
operations, which keep the boot system working exactly as before (just
another process calling /etc/init.d/rc :).  This of course only give
us theoretical advantages.  To get actual advantages, we need to use
the available features in individual packages.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen