Re: trayer_1.1_i386.changes REJECTED

Excerpts from Jens Peter Secher's message of Fri Sep 04 11:12:47 -0700 2009:
> FWIW, I wrote this answer (but did not send it):

Funny, because I received it. :-)

> There is no point pretending there is an upstream when there clearly
> isn't.  Pretending there is an upstream just forces me put every
> change into patches, thus forcing me to use a patch system (which the
> package did not use), and since I use hg.debian.org together with
> hg-buildpackage, it forces me to have two repositories, one for (the
> non-existent) upstream and one for for debian package.  I know this is
> my problem, but then I guess it is my choice how I deal with that
> problem.

I've never used hg-buildpackage, (though I have used git-buildpackage
at least).

But isn't the question of which repository the debian packaging lives
in independent of the native vs. non-native-ness of the package?

That is, surely there must be a way for you to keep the debian
directory in the single repository along with the implementation and
still build a non-native package from it. That would seem to me the
ideal way to go.

-Carl