Re: trayer_1.1_i386.changes REJECTED

2009/9/2 Torsten Werner <ftpmaster@debian.org>:

> why is it a native package? Why do we need this package in Debian that got
> removed recently from unstable? I would expect an explanation either in bug
> #541265 or in the changelog.

>From the changelog:

  * Upstream has abandoned the program, so the package is now Debian
    native.

>From http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=12;bug=541265

  reopen 541265 jps@debian.org
  thanks

  > "Personally, I would drop the package entirely, it's unsupported and
  > there's a better alternative already, called stalonetray
  > http://stalonetray.sourceforge.net/, it's also available in Debian."
  > (Maciej Delmanowski)

  Except that stalonetray does not work, at least not together xmonad.  I
  will probably file bugs against stalonetray later.

  In the meantimem, I am willing to maintain trayer.

And I will add to that that trayer has 500+ installations according to popcon.

> missing copyright info; some examples:
>
> systray/eggtraymanager.c
> Copyright (C) 2002 Anders Carlsson <andersca@gnu.org>

Well, I noticed some missing copyrights in the old package, so added
this to the debian/copyright:

  systray/fixedtip.{c,h}:  Copyright (C) 2001 Havoc Pennington
  systray/eggtraymanager.{c,h}:  Copyright (C) 2002 Anders Carlsson

> misc.c
> Copyright (c) 2003 Leandro Pereira <leandro@linuxmag.com.br>
>
> gtkbar.c
> Copyright (C) 1995-1997 Peter Mattis, Spencer Kimball and Josh MacDonald

Yep, you are right, these are indeed missing.  I will now carefully
check each file, add missing copyrights and upload again.

Cheers,
--
                                                    Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.