Re: What???s the use for Standards-Version?

On Thu, Aug 13 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:

> On 2009-08-13, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>  track of a simple version, I suggest we start thinking about removing
>>  DD status from people based on a track record of incompetence.
>
> Yes please.
>
> But looking at S-V as a primary factor here is not the right thing.

        I never meant that to be a primary factor, no.

> More like "frequently introduces rc bugs in other people's packages",
> "not learning from your mistakes" and so on would be better metrics.

        Declaring one is not going to "spend effort to keep packages in
 conformance to policy"  should help tip the balance too. I suspect that
 any such decision should take into consideration multiple factors, and
 it should probably not be defined by any single one, and that there
 should be warnings, etc before action is taken, and so on.

        manoj
--
LILO, you've got me on my knees! (from David Black,
dblack@pilot.njin.net, with apologies to Derek and the Dominos, and