Re: What’s the use for Standards-Version?

Le Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:44:26PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> IIRC, there is a plan for splitting Descriptions out of the Packages files

For the curious, there is some extra information here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-l10n-devel/2009-August/000507.html

In my experience, Standards-Version is not an accurate indicator of Policy
conformance, so unless there is a collective effort to change this, I would
support the idea of Standards-Version becomming optional.

In further developments, it could later be managed independantly from
debian/control together with other meta-data like the VSC, Homepage, Section
and Description fields, the Debtags, etc.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy