Re: ia32-libs transition

>>> Will you do security support and regular uploads for it too? Or just a
>>> one shot upload? Will you stand against ftp-masters whish to remove
>>> it?
>> You are actively working with all you can do to not only let us hate it
>> but actually consider removing it completly. Good job.
> Not being a DD, my thoughts may be meaningless here; but as an amd64 Debian
> user, I think I should speak in defence of Goswin.

> Waiting for multi-arch, Goswin's system permits me to use wine (and chromium
> browser) on my 64bits Debian.

A simple chroot will permit you to use this. And is a much saner thing
than anything we have seen until now.

> If I understand well, ia32-libs was not acceptable in its state for ftp-
> masters. I think that having all the ia32-* packages would not be acceptable
> either.

ia32-libs has a much larger history than the small one known here.

> The right thing would be to have multi-arch, but it will come when it's
> ready (that's not a bad thing).

Not having m-a now isnt a good reason to willingly produce a known
broken thing.

--
bye, Joerg
<elmo> if klecker.d.o died, I swear to god, I'm going to migrate to gentoo.