ia32-libs transition

Hi,

I've just spent over an hour writing and rewriting this mail, and determined
that I can't think of a single constructive thing to say.

So I'll just ask a couple of questions instead:

Is there any way of preventing this kind of major breakage in the future?
I don't think many people expect that upgrading one package will FUBAR
the packaging system.

Is there any chance of Wine becoming functional on amd64 in the forseeable
future?

Did anyone who isn't on crack get to see 'ia32-apt-get.preinst' and
'ia32-apt-get.postinst' before they were perpetrated upon an unsuspecting
populace? Reading them in the process of trying to unfuck my system made me
feel more than slightly ill.

-Nye