Re: Packaging the nusoap PHP lib instead of embedded copies ?

On Sun, 17 May 2009 23:11:00 +0200
Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> It seems to me there are plenty of copies of the nusoap PHP lib [0]
> embedded in lots of packages :-/
>
> NuSOAP provides a PHP SOAP server code which allows lots of
> applications to expose some web service (WSDL, SOAP methods, etc.)
>
> I'm not sure how to verify which packages are affected with a Debian
> tool, btw... but
> http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+filelist+nusoap.php+site:packages.debian.org
> gives a first idea of the number...

A better approach:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=nusoap.php&mode=path&suite=unstable&arch=any

You have searched for paths that end with nusoap.php in suite sid, all
sections, and all architectures. Found 7 results. File 	Packages
/usr/share/dtc/shared/inc/nusoap.php 	dtc-common
/usr/share/gforge/www/soap/nusoap.php 	gforge-web-apache2
/usr/share/moodle/lib/soap/nusoap.php 	moodle
/usr/share/phpgacl/soap/nusoap.php 	phpgacl
/usr/share/phpwiki/lib/nusoap/nusoap.php 	phpwiki
/usr/share/poker-web/nusoap.php 	poker-web
/usr/share/typo3/typo3_src-4.2/typo3/mod/tools/em/class.nusoap.php
	typo3-src-4.2

However, to get any further, the mere filename collision needs to be
checked to see if these really are the same files or have the same
functionality.

--

Neil Williams