Packaging the nusoap PHP lib instead of embedded copies ?

Hi.

It seems to me there are plenty of copies of the nusoap PHP lib [0]
embedded in lots of packages :-/

NuSOAP provides a PHP SOAP server code which allows lots of applications
to expose some web service (WSDL, SOAP methods, etc.)

I'm not sure how to verify which packages are affected with a Debian tool, btw... but
http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+filelist+nusoap.php+site:packages.debian.org
gives a first idea of the number...

I guess it may be better to have such a library in a separate package on
which the others would depend, although there may be counter arguments.

Any comments ?

FYI, my initial interest was in figuring out the feasibility of
packaging bits missing for mantis to provide a SOAP web service
interface (see #528776 for context).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

[0] : https://sourceforge.net/projects/nusoap/