Re: alioth.debian.org / blends.debian.net: different behaviour of Option MultiViews

On 08 Apr 14:44, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> probably this is off topic here - so I beg your pardon for missusing this list
> but I had no idea where else I could get quick help.  The problem:
> Apache2 configuration on alioth.debian.org does not support MultiView
> option to enable
> different languages of website.  So the solution was to use a .htaccess file
> like this:
>
> Options +MultiViews
> AddLanguage fr .fr
> AddLanguage en .en
> AddLanguage nl .nl
>
> which worked perfectly.  I've got a dedicated box sponsored for Debian Med
> and I wanted to run a test version for new developments of the Blends tasks
> pages there and thus I want to use perfectly the same code and resulting
> files.  I have set up a virtual host

> $ cat /etc/apache2/conf.d/90_v_blends.conf
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>
> LogFormat "%V:#:%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\"" confixx
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName  blends.debian.net
> ServerAlias  blends.debian.net *.blends.debian.net
> DocumentRoot /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/blends/htdocs
>
> ErrorLog   /srv/blends.debian.net/log/error.log
> CustomLog  /srv/blends.debian.net/log/access.log common
>
> # To get negotiation working
> <Directory />
>     Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>     # AllowOverride Options -> enable options in .htaccess files
>     AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit FileInfo Options
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - .htaccess is an override file... so, to get it to work you need to change this line to:
      AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit FileInfo Options MultiViews

The log that you pasted tells you that.

Thanks,
--
Brett Parker