Re: Proposed hook to tag bugs as pending

* John Goerzen [Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:37:51 -0500]:

> but it scans the git commit message and so can send a slightly more
> accurate report.

I did it specifically parsing debian/changelog to address [1], because I
actually often do the same (not writing Closes: #XXX in the commit
message and only in debian/changelog).

  [1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg01516.html

> If you put Closes: #xxxxxx in the commit message, the git-buildpackage
> tools can generate an appropriate changelog for you,

Right, but my proposed script should cater for both workflows (letting
the tools write your debian/changelog, or writing it by hand), since the
bug closure will *always* be in debian/changelog.

> and you can automatically tag a bug pending when you git push.

Possible as well with the other workflow now that I wrote my script. ;-)

> I can post the source if anyone's interested.

Yes, I think that’d be definitely a good thing. I looked around
searching for one this afternoon, and couldn’t find one. I was convinced
Russ Allbery had written one, but doesn’t seem to be the case. Choice is
always welcome.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?