Re: Alioth - Convert SVN repo to Git

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:40:05PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Additionally, I'm looking for a post-commit hook that can send the
> commit diff via email to a ml + tagpending the bugs in the diff. I'm
> pretty sure someone out there has this script ready yet, so let's
> share :)

i mentioned this on IRC, might as well share it here:

i have something based on an earlier hook by adeodato, which does
the former (commit msg+diff):

  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/seanius/vcs-hooks/git-post-receive-diff.git

note that this is not post-commit but post-recieve (i.e. after a push to the
remote repo.)

however, i've found that having the diff in the bug report is often just
extra noise, so i've been working on another one that sends a link to
the patch in the VCS viewer url instead, along with doing a pending tag.
i'll have to double check on the status of this guy before i send a link
to it though.

	sean