Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Friday 27 February 2009 21:29:01 Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> writes:
> > If you feel that the SFLC's opinion is wrong, you are of course free
> > to provide us with competent legal advice countering SFLC's opinion.
>
> opinions can only be proven right or wrong in court. It seems that Sun's
> opinion is that the combination doesn't impose redistribution problems,
> whereas SFLC's opinion differs. Debian's arguments pretty much match
> SFLC's.

OTOH, no court is able to prevent people to express their own opinion unless
one lives in a regime jurisdiction.

> The main problem here is that Joerg seems to be more interested in
> having proved that opinion wrong than in actually getting his software
> packaged and distributed in Linux distributions.

This is not very interesting, since we can live without Joerg's software. I
for one have been using cdrskin for more than 3 years now quite happily. By
the way, any help in maintaining libburn/libisofs/libisoburn/cdrskin packages
would be appreciated.

P.S. Btw, not that I care about JS, but what I'm *very* interested in is to
hear the opinion of Fraunhofer when they read all the mailing list traffic
genereated by their employee (OpenBSD's mailing lists included, since they
have also been badly bombarded in the past by similar topics around star
licensing "discussions").