Re: Upcoming Section changes in the archive

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Le vendredi 27 février 2009 à 14:33 +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> > Like the other poster, cli is very confusing. If we have enough
>> > packages (get me a list/matches :) ), im not against a section for it,
>> > but cli wouldnt be my favorite name for it.
>>
>> I would suggest "c-sharp" for the section.
>
> The CLI is not restricted to a single language support. How are you
> going to classify IronPython or boo ?

How about those knowing what Common Language Infrastructure is about,
trying to describe it in a somewhat less ambigious way than "cli"?

Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLI

Can't speak for anyone else, but I would certainly think "command-line
interface" if I encountered a section named "cli".

Bjørn