Re: ucf: Diversion of /u/b/ucf by etcgit

On Mon, Feb 23 2009, sean finney wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:24:17PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > (1) I use the
>> > hooks provided by apt to get the original files from the
>> > package
>>
>> In other words, with ucf you get NOTHING, since there are no original
>> files in the package. They are only created temporarily while postinst
>> is run.
>
> i think what you really want[1] is something mentioned earlier back in
> the thread, where ucf provides a set of run-hooks that you could
> exploit for the purposes of tracking files,  thus eliminating
> the need for diverting ucf at all.

        Patches welcome.

        People interested in contributing to this discussion, or to
 development of ucf in general, might be interested in this blog post:
  http://www.golden-gryphon.com/blog/manoj/blog/2009/02/24/Rethinking_ucf/

        manoj
 ps: If someone could point me to a howto to enable comments posting for
 my blog using ikiwiki, I'd be grateful: I am using the comments plugin,
 but I think something is all whack with my setup
--
What's love but a second-hand emotion? Tina Turner