PlayOnLinux in contrib

Hi,

I am the current owner of the ITP bug #485149 for PlayOnLinux and I have a question about this (free) software. PlayOnLinux is a front-end for Wine. Its aim is to provide a nice way (without command line) to install programs built for Windows. Therefore it allows the user to install proprietary softwares (in /home of course) such as commercial games and other closed source softwares.

The PlayOnLinux program itself is written under the GPL2+ so I (and my sponsor) think it could be uploaded to contrib. Do you think such a program which allows to easily install proprietary softs in a Debian system would be acceptable in contrib and would not be a policy violation ?

Regards,
Bertrand Marc

PS Please CC me as I am not on this list.