Re: ldconfig with a non-standard prefix

[Jonathan Steel]
> I cannot find anywhere in the documentation how to solve my current
> problem. I have made bunch of custom packages that will install, among
> other things, a bunch of libraries into /opt/pkgs/packagname. I know
> that ldconfig gets run after apt-get.

I suspect the proper solution is to add a rpath or runpath to the
binaries using these libraries, to tell the dynamic linker about the
extra library path.  This can be done during the linker stage using
-Wl,-rpath,/opt/pkts .  You can also change the rpath/runpath using
chrpath, if the end result is not the way you want it.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen