Re: NEW processing

Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le Wednesday 03 December 2008 12:07:51 Cyril Brulebois, vous avez écrit :
>> Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> (03/12/2008):
>>> I've always wondered why it is not possible to add meta information to
>>> an upload.
>>> […]
>>> In these cases, it would be nice to add an annotation to give hints
>>> about the complexity of the task to the ftp-masters..
>> You want debian/changelog?
>
> I depends how the workflow for ftp-masters. Apparently these packages stay in
> NEW for the same time as the others, although the changelog is documented.

I don't think ftp masters review only the diff between the package in the
archive and the package in the new queue, but rather they do a review of the
whole package. That would explain why they notice other errors in packages you
may have introduced since the last time the package had to pass the new queue.

Of course I could be wrong, not being an ftp master myself :)

Cheers,
Emilio