Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008, Henning Glawe wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 08:59:31PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > But anyway, and knowing this is not an Ubuntu list... Does anybody
> > know why on Earth is Acroread popular?
>
> Do you know any alternative PDF viewer which can be used to fill out PDF
> forms? My employer uses them quite a lot for things like travel expense
> reports...

pdftk.

pdftk foo.pdf generate_fdf foo.fdf;
sensible-editor foo.fdf;
pdftk foo.pdf fill_form foo.fdf output filled_foo.pdf;

or

pdf2ps foo.pdf; flpsed foo.ps

You can also do this for non-form pdfs using xournal or similar.

Don Armstrong

--
Quite the contrary; they *love* collateral damage. If they can make
you miserable enough, maybe you'll stop using email entirely. Once