Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

Petter Reinholdtsen dijo [Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 04:05:09PM +0100]:
> (...)
>   acroread acroread-escript

FWIW, I find this quite strange... I know many non-FS users assume
that the good PDF reader is the Acrobat PDF reader. However, I find it
quite inferior both in usability and on quality to evince - Even now
that evince does properly(?) support provisions disallowing copying
from or printing a PDF.

But anyway, and knowing this is not an Ubuntu list... Does anybody
know why on Earth is Acroread popular? Why isn't a PDF regularly
handled in a saner way with Evince (or kde-based lookalike) in some
distributions?

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23