Re: can buildd logs be sorted (again)?

Neil Williams wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 20:02 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> [1] I promised Christoph Berg that I am going to write a PHP extension,
>> [actually
>> an interface, to libapt's functions; but I haven't been lucky enough to find
>> the docs (libapt-pkg-doc isn't what I expected). If somebody can point me to
>> the right documents it would be great.
>
> libapt-pkg-doc is what there is, apart from the source. Recursion is a
> constant nightmare with the perl bindings for apt so you have to be very
> careful in your debugging cases for the PHP version. Take a look at
> libcache-apt-perl for a sane way to handle at least some of the apt
> bindings with safe recursion. I've no idea whether that design could
> work in PHP but it is (hopefully) clearer than the docs for the bindings
> themselves.
>
> You might also want to look at the source code for edos-debcheck and
> other routines that do dependency iterations etc.
>
> Note that there *is* a PHP interface to the Packages.gz file itself -
> see Emdebian SVN:

http://buildd.emdebian.org/svn/browser/current/website/trunk/english/toolchains

[...]

Thanks for the pointers :)

I'm not actually trying to provide a complete binding, but just a couple of
methods that would let PHP scripts access the information without having to
write their own wheel. So by that I guess that there won't be any recursion
issue :)

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert