Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Xen status in lenny?

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 14:11 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 07:11:06AM -0500, William Pitcock wrote:
> >
> > Without dom0, lenny will be unusable for several installations of mine
> > which presently run an ugly combination of etch's dom0 and lenny's
> > kernel. I would like to do that in a different way.
> >
> > If we will not see dom0 in linux-2.6 on Debian, we should at least have
> > a 2.6.18 tree with dom0.
>
> no.
> we will not have 2 different linux-2.6 versions in Lenny.
> please think of the implications before throwing out suggestions.

What about the implications of introducing feature regressions? The
patches to enable dom0 without pv-ops are available, yet they are
unwanted.

Wouldn't it be possible to build with both pv-ops and non-pv-ops for
dom0?

At any rate, please make it well documented where waldi's kernels are if
you intend to not have dom0 in 2.6.26.

William