Re: reporting BTS spam easily from Mutt

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:41:23PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Would be cool, if your script would then automatically detect, if the
> mail was received via bts or via a list and bounce it to the correct
> report address.

Er, that's too cool, but here's a simple one to start. Just add this
to your .muttrc:

macro index , "<bounce-message>kumar@localhost\n"
macro index , "<bounce-message>kumar@localhost\n"

Of course, change `,' to whatever key you want, and kumar@localhost to
report-listspam@lists.d.o. If I press `,', it asks me if I'm sure I
wish to bounce it, which is good to stop myself if I pressed `,' by
mistake.

This could be combined with some hook magic to detect the origin of
spam, but I'll think about that later. For now, this seems enough for me.

/me spanks myself for not having done this earlier.

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,