Re: Injecting versions of build-deps in the deps

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 libgtk2.0-0 #MINVER#
> * Devel-Package: libgtk2.0-dev
>  symbol@Base 2.8.0
> How does that sound ?

 Sounds like a good start!  Perhaps the injection should be explicitely
 requested with:
  * UseBuildDepVersionAsMinVer: yes
 or the field could be named to reflect that it's used for bdeps:
  Build-Depends-Package: libgtk2.0-dev

 I think build-deps-indep don't need to be checked since we're
 targetting shlib:Depends which are usually in arch: any packages.
   I couldn't find a use for honoring build-conflicts -- generating
 conflicts isn't supported by the shlib/symbol system ATM anyway.
   So it only leaves dealing with multiple bdeps: I suppose they could
 all be copied over and will generate the same warning that the
 duplicate build-dep.

--
Loïc Minier