Re: Compiling all packages with debug information?

Hi

Dne Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:51:12 +0200
Philipp Marek <philipp@marek.priv.at> napsal(a):

> I'd assume it's not so much the binary size of the packages, but the number of
> them ... that's why I asked whether a new branch might be better for them.
> Like "stable", "testing", "unstable", "experimental" ... "dbginfo". Then
> normal users wouldn't even see this packages.

It is the size of packages what matters. In most cases debug symbols
in -dbg packages much larger than stripped package itself. Just random
package that I maintain:

$ apt-cache show libgammu2 libgammu2-dbg | egrep 'Package:|^Size:'
Package: libgammu2
Size: 423010
Package: libgammu2-dbg
Size: 972178