Re: [Help] Autoconf problems when trying to build WordNet 3.0 package

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> Yes, you both seem to come to the same conclusion as I myself - but
> I have no idea how to fix this.  There must be some trick to propagate
> these variables, but how?  I've got no clue out of reading the
> texinfo docs.

That part is easy: just add
    AC_SUBST([TK_PREFIX])
    AC_SUBST([TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC])
to configure.ac and rerun autoconf and automake.  I assumed you
were trying to figure out why it didn't work out-of-the-box.

Now the build fails at a link step on missing Tk symbols, but I
haven't looked into why.  Quite possibly there's another missing
substitution.

(By the way, it also appears that
    AC_LANGINFO_CODESET
in configure.ac should actually be