Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
> On 13/06/07 at 11:19 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>> * Lucas Nussbaum (lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net) [070612 23:17]:
>>> Then shouldn't we have a more aggressive policy about removals from
>>> unstable, for packages that have failed to get into testing during the
>>> past n months ?
>> We have that policy, just nobody who does the QA-bits needed to make
>> that happen.
> What would be those QA bits ?

Automatic checks and reports.

> It would be easy to get the list of packages that haven't reached
> testing in the n months (and have been in debian for more than n months).

Yes. One would just need to do it (and decide some basic rules)...

> I could even work on that during debconf, but then, there's the problem
> of knowing who has the authority to remove packages from unstable. Such
> tasks don't get you a lot of karma points, so, if removals are not
> requested by someone with authority (release team or ftpmaster), this
> will probably result in a lot of flames.

I think that a package that has been in unstable for a whole release
cycle without entering testing should probably live in experimental or
not in Debian at all. I guess that is something most people can agree
on.

Marc
--
BOFH #337:
the butane lighter causes the pincushioning