Is there a need for /usr/lib64/ on a pure i386?

Hello d-dev,

I noticed yesterday that after an upgrade I got a /usr/lib64 dir
with some (not neded) stuff in it. I am not running any 64 bit arch.

$ dpkg -S /usr/lib64 # says:
libg2c0-dev, fakeroot, libgfortran1-dev: /usr/lib64

I have found that there is a bug [1] on fakeroot reporting the same.

The question is: will it become a common practice that packages for i386
will include 64-bit libraries? After reading the reply of Clint Adams on [1]
I have got such an impression. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Станислав