Re: preconfiguration fails, versioned dependency not satisfied

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2006.09.16.1235 +0200]:
> Writing your own debconf-escape is one option, another is to exit
> the .config script if debconf-escape is unavailable, deferring
> configuration until the postinst.

Thanks.

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

"and if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
 you shout and no one seems to hear
 and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
 i'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
                                                   -- pink floyd, 1972