Re: lilypond and python

Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> writes:

>  This is the stupidiest thing you ever did, because everyone had to look
>  at your handling of your packages.  Everybody saw your gcc-4.1 RC with
>  a patch which you're blocking until the new upstream release.
>  Everybody saw the awful packaging mistakes you did.  You can close or
>  downgrade the bugs I reported, it's too late.

Actually, I didn't make those "packaging mistakes"; the previous
maintainer did.  But I'm not somehow trying to keep secrets or claim
some moral high ground.

You seem to think this is a battle, in which there is a winner and a
loser.  I don't.

>  I heard from multiple sources that the problem with the new upstream
>  release was not at all caused by the default python version -- as you
>  claimed -- but either by a higher guile requirement.

No, it requires *both* the newer Python *and* the newer Guile.  You
are not paying attention.  You are instead trying to get by with
minimal understanding, proclaiming how deficient I am, reporting so
far *three* bugs, one of which is not a bug, and the other two of
which are *clearly* wishlist items; indeed, in one of the reports
*you yourself* indicate that it's a wishlist item.  Grow up.