Re: cdrtools

On Thursday 13 July 2006 18:54, Erast Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 16:43 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Erast Benson <erast@gnusolaris.org> writes:

> > > I don't want to insist on (1) too. But I must agree with Joerg that it
> > > is unclear if Makefiles could be called as "scripts for compilation".
> >
> > This is a minority viewpoint, IMO.  We could argue for months about
> > what a "script" is, but that wouldn't help much.  Makefiles are often
> > referred to as "build scripts", and I don't think many folks would
> > argue that they are *not* scripts.
>
> sure. and many would argue that it is not. I personally don't care much.
> Well, it is not really productive, and as I said, I don't want to insist
> on (1). So, for me, this topic is closed.

I'd rather expect some alternatives to cdrtools to be discussed in -devel ML,
because it is pretty insane to rely on a single point of failure like that
one (competition always makes things work better), and license issues
discussion to be moved to -legal or appropriate buglogs into BTS.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB