Re: Need for launchpad

Quoting Loïc Minier (lool+debian@via.ecp.fr):

>  (I don't think the "non-free" argument is here of importance
>  considering it's a web service, in the same way as Google or
>  buildd.net.  I shall get flamed for these remarks.)

As long as Debian doesn't want to build its own launchpad, sure.

But the non freeness prevents us building such infrastructure on our
ownn machines. This is especially true for Rosetta, the i18n
infrastructure even though many translators would really love having
a Rosetta-style infrastructure for Debian work.

This topic will be discussed and probably worked on during the i18n
Extremadura meeting we will have in September:
http://wiki.debian.org/WorkSessionExtremadura2006i18n