Re: Need for launchpad

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:19:42PM -0500, Frans Jessop wrote:
> Ubuntu's launchpad is amazing.  Do you think it would be helpful if all
> DD's worked through it on their projects?  Wouldn't that keep things more
> organized and efficient?  Or perhaps Debian could build its own version of
> launchpad which is better.  Again, I think it would do a good job keeping
> everything organized an efficient.

The day when working on Debian requires the use of a web interface
will be the day that I hunt down and painfully kill the person
responsible for doing it.

Removing the ability to manage things from the shell would not be more
organised and efficient unless you're a complete fricking moron who
can't operate a unix host. Which appears to be the target audience of
launchpad.

We're working with the real stuff here, not kids toys. Web interfaces
don't scale to the level at which we have to work *all the time*. Just
ask the BTS admins what happens when somebody scans
http://bugs.debian.org/ to collect data.

Oh, and hey - when SuSE are doing better than you at publishing the
tools they use, it's a hint that maybe you suck.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |