Re: debian-devel@lists.debian.org

On 29/12/2005, at 8:22 AM, Frans Pop wrote:

A general note to everybody thinking of making hardware donations.

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 21:23, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
I could try to arrange donation of one UltraSparc machine to Debian
project. I think that the transport would be to complicated from
Serbia to anywhere (because of our laws) but I can connect it to the
Net for DD's to use it.

The fact that you think of Debian is of course very much appreciated.
In general though, there is really no demand from "the project" for older hardware for porting efforts. When it comes to build daemons or machines for developer access, "the project" needs relatively heavy and up- to-date
systems.

Frans, what sort of system would "the project" consider "too old" ? I have a few SUN items here that I'm trying to talk my Mrs into letting me donate instead of selling on Ebay...

Jon

The use of  COBOL cripples the mind; its
teaching should, therefore, be regarded as  a
criminal offsense. - Edsgar Dijkstra