Re: Dummy packages and metapackages (call for consistency in the descriptions)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Would it be unreasonable to ask that metapackages have to be _empty_,
> > i.e., that all their functionality it's in their control file?
>
> As long as you give no reasons to do so I would in deed call it
> unreasonable.

The principle of least surprise, and the meaning of "meta" are good enough
reasons for me to never have ANYTHING but debian/control in a meta package.

If the package packages something, it is NOT a meta-package, it is a
package. IMHO anyway.

  Henrique Holschuh